ticker and toddle: may i suggest a tiny modification (or two)?

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at henry.iemnet
Wed Nov 15 13:48:23 CET 2000

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> Of course there is no problem with creating new objects!
>
> The problem, as I see it, is with loading existing .pd files containing
> toddle lines in the current form:  `toddle color width height'.
> This could be resolved by appending second color argument after height
> argument, but such an order is messy.
>
>   Krzysztof

ja,ja
1. i really did not remember the correct invocation of the "toddler" (my
fault of course)
2. but since you can check the type of atoms that are passed (e.g. check
whether there are 2 symbols and 2 floats) you can always take [the one
symbol to be "active colour"] vs [the first of 2 symbols to be background
and the second to be foreground], regardless where the floats are passed.
3. this is what you might call "tricky" (of course it is not, but mykes
the code a little bit more unreadable)

mfg.asd.rw