[PD] aggress

Evan Sugerman sugie at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue May 1 12:24:23 CEST 2001

Greet.
I am using IR sensors [of different types] -> feeding 12V relays ->
creating contact, of individual keys, on a disassembled MIDI keyboard.  So
far things are quite well.  This is my first attempt at programming of any
sort so my resources are self generating (the list has been helpful for the
most part).

My question is in regards to the idea of an array and its relationship to
the 'tabwrite' and 'tabread' objects.  I am hoping to to generate a
reservoir of the   information gathered by a certain proximity sensor i am
using (increments vs. time between increments),plus some other
idiosyncratic in formation which is not relavent to my question, and store
in hopes of using it to make Pd make decisions.  Is this too simple an
application for the array?  I am having trouble figuring out how to get
separate x y (z?) information into and out of it.  My need is to generate
different response mechanisms depending on the type of movement detected
(agitation level) and to do so by subtly altering certain characteristics
of the system.  These alterations will be modeled after an aggressive
animal system.

I have began to use the msgfile and i think i am beginning to understand
its application........a little.

I re-read my question; it seems unclear.  At this point with my current
knowledge on such programmatic logistics I cannot do any better.  I hope
someone has some idea of what i think i am trying to ask.

bye.evan.