[PD] PD 0.33 test 6 works with alsa 0.9B3 but not 0.9B4

jfm3 jfm3 at mortmain.com
Mon Jun 11 07:32:43 CEST 2001

Burning the midnight oil as well, I see.  :)

I have heard others have had problems with ALSA 0.9beta4 and the rawmidi
code.  I was advised to give up and move on to the CVS bleeding edge.
Given the number of horrific bugs I've been turning up in the ALSA mtpav
driver, switching to the CVS version is attractive for me.

How does one tell if Pd is using the ALSA interface or not?  I got pd
test 5 to compile with the CVS version of a few days ago, but I can't
tell if it's using /dev/midi or something more fun when it actually
runs.  -alsa no longer seems to be a command line option...

Are you using the ALSA sequencer?  Has the API for that stabilized?

(jfm3)