[PD] Plotting points on screen with gem

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Jul 11 16:03:45 CEST 2001

hi rory !

yes you have to recompile gem !

hope i get it all together now: (and i hope you are using linux)
i find now, that it is a little complicated...

..extract the GemPlus.tgz
..then  copy or move the GemPlus/src/Pixes/pix_* files into your
gem/src/Pixes/ directory.
..cd into your gem/src/Base directory
..edit your GemBase.cpp so that it contains both "void pix_set_setup()"
and "pix_set_setup()" (+ the ...) lines in the correct places (you'll
find them). don't forget to save
..cd into your gem/src/Gnu directory
..type "./configure" (without the " of course) and hit return (or enter)
..if you get any error-messages try to fix them (install needed libraries
etc)
..type "make" + [return]
..now you should have a "Gem.pd_linux" file somewhere (in the gem/
directory). make sure that you are loading this one when starting pd
..you should now have your GemPlus objects

hope this will do
if not feel free to ask

mfg.cds.sta
IOhannes