[PD] GrIPD: A new front-end GUI builder for PD

uta t99685yn at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Fri Jul 13 02:25:59 CEST 2001

"Joseph A. Sarlo" <jsarlo at mambo.peabody.jhu.edu> wrote:

> > Its GUI componet works and looks great!!!
> > but i got an error in both Pd-0.31 and Pd-0.32.
> >
> > GrIPD: Bind Error: No error
> > GrIPD: Attempting to re-bind
> >
> > when i try to connect GrIPD.
>
> It sounds like somehow you're attempting to connect twice and the socket
> is already bound.  I just noticed that this is really easy to do, just
> send "connect" twice, or send "connect" then "open".  I'll have to fix
> this so you can't (that's what v0.0.1 is all about I guess).  So if you're
> doing that, then that's the problem. The usage directions might be a
> little confusing: "connect" message is only used if you're going to open
> the GrIPD GUI separately (like on a different machine).  If you're using
> everything local, you don't need to send "connect" at all, just "open
> <optional filename>".

Thank you.
I tried just "open Filename", then the GUI showed up,
and after few seconds
"Connection Timedout" dialog will pop up.
It seems the GUI fails to connect to PD, so I changed
Options -> configure -> Connection Address from "localhost" to 127.0.0.1 or so,
but it still fails to connect.

This happens also under Windows2000.

Python2.1
wxPython 2.3.0 for python 2.1
and  i installed python under C:/python21.

Are there a Python's version compatibility ploblem?
Any ideas?

Uta.