[PD] Max's URN?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Aug 13 12:22:37 CEST 2001

David Casal wrote:

> (anon cow steps outta shadows)
>
> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone advise on how to replicate the URN object from Max in PD? And
> while we're at it, COUNTER and DRUNK?
unfortunately i do not know, what the URN object does.

COUNTER:
there are various types of counters in the examples at
doc/2.control.examples/06.counter.pd
doc/2.control.examples/07.more_counters.pd
you can easily design your own counter (even one, that behaves like the
max-object)

DRUNK:
if you edit your counter, so that the stepsize becomes a random value
(with the "random" object)
this will behave somehow like drunk.

> The PD-Lib project at Sourceforge haven't got to it yet...I tried with !=
> and == constructs, even tried to do Anti-bis from RTC-Lib out of Rowe's
> machine musicianship, but I guess my pd skills aren't up to it yet. The main
> problem was trying to get the equivalent of:
>
> if ($i1!=$i2) then $i1 else out2 bang

#N canvas 241 175 450 300 10;
#X obj 85 30 inlet;
#X obj 197 30 inlet;