delread~

G.G Karman ggkarman at airtel.net
Mon Aug 27 20:55:17 CEST 2001

 Yes you're right, using two arrays, writing and reading each one
 alternatively could be a solution i hadn't thought about.  But that would
 mean that the samples i read from the (reading-)array would always be 'one
 array' later than real time(a delay corresponding to the size of the
 writing-array). Of course smaller arrays could be used (which i would
prefer not to as i want to be able to access for example, fragments within the
last 5 seconds), or as you suggested more smaller arrays.

 I was rather thinking if it could be possible to make delread~  (or some
 other object or simple patch) behave like the circular queue as described
in Curtis  Roads (The computer music tutorial,p 433), with the posibility of
 several taps (reading-pointers) which reading position i could control with
(one-)sample precision. This structure would allow to access samples from
real time (in fact one sample later than real time) to the time
corresponding to the total length of the queue.