[PD] Can't get PD/RME9652 even close to working

Nick Rothwell nick at cassiel.com
Wed Aug 29 16:11:59 CEST 2001

> better use a kernel > 2.4.5, since there should be the sound/

OK. Kernel builds are a bit of a pain, but I've done them before and
I'll no doubt be doing them again...

> compile pd without the rme enable and start it without -rme flag,
> since the flag -rme is only for  the rme9652 driver for kernels
> 2.2.x

I'm sure I tried it with snd-rme9652 and snd-card-rme9652 loaded and
it didn't help. The documentation was not clear about what "-rme" did:
my reading of it was that it forced PD to use some kind of built-in
RME support.

> with eg. -inchannels 8 -outchannels 8

Are you implying that this now all works with ALSA? I'm still not sure
about how this all hangs together with all the different kernel
versions and drivers.

--

            Nick Rothwell                  Cassiel.com Limited
            nick at cassiel.com                   www.cassiel.com