[PD] Can't get PD/RME9652 even close to working

andreas.poegl a.poegl at progressive-art.org
Thu Aug 30 11:32:52 CEST 2001

On 29 Aug 2001 14:11:59 -0000, Nick Rothwell wrote:
>> better use a kernel > 2.4.5, since there should be the sound/
>
>OK. Kernel builds are a bit of a pain, but I've done them before and
>I'll no doubt be doing them again...
>
>> compile pd without the rme enable and start it without -rme flag,
>> since the flag -rme is only for  the rme9652 driver for kernels
>> 2.2.x
>
>I'm sure I tried it with snd-rme9652 and snd-card-rme9652 loaded and
>it didn't help. The documentation was not clear about what "-rme"
>did:
>my reading of it was that it forced PD to use some kind of built-in
>RME support.
>
>> with eg. -inchannels 8 -outchannels 8
>
>Are you implying that this now all works with ALSA? I'm still not
>sure
>about how this all hangs together with all the different kernel
>versions and drivers.
>
>--
>
>      Nick Rothwell                  Cassiel.com Limited
>      nick at cassiel.com                   www.cassiel.com
>      systems - composition - installation - performance

i had the same shit!
all drivers shipping with my suse distribution did not do anything.
--> use günter geigers (nice greetings) drivers from
ftp.xdv.org/pub/gige/pd/
theese work only withing pd and a little oss. compile them and listen
to your hammerfall.

cu andreas

-- andreas.poegl, a.poegl at progressive-art.org on 30.08.2001