[PD] problem with templates

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 5 19:39:59 CEST 2001

Hi Nicolas,

There's a confusing problem in that all the "data" objects want for
y to be 0 at the bottom and grow upward, whereas the canvas proper wants to
grow downward.  This creates real headaches whenever a window is resized
vertically -- it's best after you do this to close and re-open it so that
both the TK canvas and Pd believe things are in the same place.  I'm planning
to work on this for version 0.35.  The "drawpolygon" problem is a
manifestation of this (click in the data window and the stuff appears!)

There is some problem with stale pointers also, that makes Pd crash when
closing windows with "data" in them.  I think I have to make some fundamental
changes anyway which will make that point moot (but if at all possible I'll
make them compatibly...)  In particular, I want to get the templates to
be demand-loaded like abstractions, rather than have them be part of the
patch; also I want to change teh way "graphs" are handled so I can use them
to solve the coordinates problem.  But I decided not to try this for version
0.34, and in retrospect I'm glad I didn't...

cheers
Miller