[PD] spectral stretching using phase vocoder??

Nick Fells nick at music.gla.ac.uk
Mon Mar 11 10:22:21 CET 2002

Hi,

I seem to recall a while back some discussion between Miller and Guenter
about framp~ as a way to make a phase vocoder...

it seems framp~ can handle the complex data from fft~ objects to give
amp, freq pairs, but has anyone actually done the resynthesis from pvoc
data (i.e. gone from freq, amp pairs, back to complex data and
ultimately back to sound)?

I want to do spectral stretching in the manner of Wishart's Vox 5 etc
but don't want to repeat the work if it's been done already!

( I seem to remember Miller suggested a solution, but did anyone
implement it or similar?)

cheers,

nick

--