[PD] Windows compiling and cross platform buddies

mark mark at junklight.com
Mon Mar 18 11:58:43 CET 2002

> Maybe we can call it a "project" and put it on sourceforge.

Whilst I don't have a problem with this - this is going to have the
same issues for non devlopers. What windows people need is
a nice clean release from a clear source. They are not
used to thinking about source versions etc.

BTW I am not denigrating Windows users - I am just being
realistic about what they are used to. PD is a tool for making
music - I am lucky 'cos I am a programmer but for most
people all the programing stuff is a little bit off putting. I
think PD is a great program and as many people as possible
should have access to it.

mark