[PD] flext external problem

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sun Mar 24 22:56:55 CET 2002

am 24.03.2002 19:29 Uhr schrieb Frank Barknecht unter
barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get familiar with the flext C++ interface to PD. For that, I
> ported Millers dspobj~ example to flext. The attached source should create
> a "mydsp" object with in inlet and one outlet. But I can't load this
> object, PD complains about a missing symbol "__5mydspf". Does someone know,
> why this simple external doesn't work?
>
> Thanks,

Hi, i found a few problematic things in your source code:

1) If you implement a FLEXT_TILDE_* object, it has to be a tilde object,
hence you should use
FLEXT_TILDE_1ARG("mydsp~", mydsp, float)
because pd won't find the setup routine otherwise

2) Your class constructors and destructors are defined but not implemented.
This is likely the reason for pd complaining.
Therefore (if your constructor and destructor do nothing) you should either
omit them (and use FLEXT_TILDE_NEW without a creation argument) or
implement them, by stating
        mydsp(float notused=0) {}
        ~mydsp() {}
at least.

The complaint about the static variable flext_obj::m_name is not clear to
me, though.

greetings,
Thomas