[PD] [GEM] multi-displays in win2k

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Tue Apr 9 02:24:51 CEST 2002

Hmmm I can't seem to set the display to a different resolution than
the TV. perhaps the win2k driver does not support it?

I've found the best results for a display situation is to put the
taskbar at the top and the second monitor (tv) below the main (patch)
screen. That way ou can move the titlebar up so that it goes into the
upper screen, and the taskbar is out of the way.

if your gemwin matches the resolution of the second monitor it should
be no trouble to hide all the window decorations. (I've done it many
times without anything but the window content visible (in w2k)

Good luck!
Ben

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, chris clepper wrote:

> ok.  i have gem going in win2k and i have two displays (one crt for
> the patch, tv for the gemwin) driven by a geforce2 card.  i have the
> extended desktop going but i would like to do the following:
>
> - have unequal sized displays (the crt 1024x768 + tv 640x480).  right
> now i can only do 1600x600 even though the card can do many different
> combinations of resolutions.  i can do this in linux, but can't get
> it going in win2k using nview.
>
> - move the gemwin without the border.  i checked the code and it
> doesn't seem like the position of the window can be set through an
> argument or message like a [position X, Y].  perhaps also when
> creating the context there could be a [fullscreen n] message where n
> is the display number??  or is there some easy way to drag the thing
> without the title bar that i don't know about...
>
> - get rid of the stupid task bar.  i checked the hide task bar
> feature but there is still a sliver of it at the bottom of the
> screen.  it's on both screens which is even more annoying.
>
> thanks
> cgc

B. Bogart
---------