[PD] parallelism in pd

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Tue Apr 16 19:41:31 CEST 2002

hi miller, list, et al,

Am Dienstag, 16. April 2002 19:24 schrieb Miller Puckette:
> If you want to try it anyway, check out Jmax, which they (IRCAM) claim
> knows how to distribute DSP across processors.
>
> cheers
> Miller

hmm, this is new to me. what i know is that they claim (and that correctly)
that the gui is completely seperate from the dsp, thus you can run fts
on one (or more) machines and control that over a network. but i may be wrong ...

please keep also in mind that other architectures, esp. the sgi, have
a very different bus structure, which is optimized for hig volume data
transfers across multiple processors. the pc/intel-based systems can
never reach that performance level, simply because of design limitations ....

greets,

chris

--
visit me: