[PD] FIR filter design

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sat Aug 24 15:52:49 CEST 2002

hi João,

there used to be a crash-case of sending a 'find' message to
a closed window, corrected in one of .35 test versions.  Not sure
if the fix has been equally enough for linux and msw.

Just sending the 'vis 0' (without the following 'find', 'cut',
etc.) is not known to produce crashes, at least it is not
reproducible here.

Could you please describe your case better, like including info
about an os, pd version, and, possibly, a context?

Krzysztof

btw, the `normal' way of applying a fir filter would be to read ir
from an array by a specialized object like buffir~ of msp (not yet
in sickle, sorry:).  But, anyway, for modeling the `normal' filter
parameters, I would suggest designing iir filters with biquad~.