[PD] PD [GEM] DV codec and winXP

brad bekligg at club-internet.fr
Fri Jul 4 13:38:30 CEST 2003

Hi all/

I've been using the cinepak codec to compress videos for use in GEM
without problem. I tried using WINDV codec and GEM tells me that it
cannot find the compressor. I'm sure that it is installed since I
created the video with Premiere on the same system.
I brought up this query in a video newsgroup with the following response...
<< I believe that this depends on the fact that the Microsoft DV codec
is a "DShow codec" (DIRECTSHOW) whereas the other ones are conventional
VfW codecs. DShow codecs are not registered the same way in the registry
as VfW ones either.>>
Can anyone help me with this one?

/bradKLIGERMAN