[PD] [OT] serial out to midi

matthew s shanley arkadyan at lycos.com
Thu Jul 17 04:53:30 CEST 2003

i'm running pd on a windows 2k laptop with no midi hardware. i would like to be able to use it to control external devices using midi signals (and perhaps at some point receive midi signals as well, but i'm not sure that would be possible concurrently).

i would like to use the serial port to send midi signals out through. i have the hardware to make a wire with a serial connection at one end and a midi connection at the other. i think that all i should need is a diagram showing how to wire this connector, and a driver which allows the serial port to accept midi information from pd and send out a signal that a midi device would understand.

so far though, i have been unable to find these things. if anyone is able to provide me with them (or whatever other things i would need if i am confused about this issue) or point me in the right direction towards finding them, it would help me out greatly.

matt