[PD] very nervous system?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 4 22:09:09 CEST 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:

> I'm planing to make instalation wich would work somehow like "very
> nervous system", and I wonder if anyone has any expierience with
> setups like that? Most importantly I'd like to find out about cameras
> and ways to convert video signal onto data that could be used to
> generate sounds, etc. I'd like to do it on Linux. Perchaps someone
> know any links or documents online? Any help greatly appritiated.

There is also GridFlow, which has strong capabilities of analysis. However
you should download the latest via CVS, as it is much more stable than the
latest archive 0.7.2. (version 0.8.0 will be released in September)

in GridFlow, getting frame differences on a video stream is as easy as
plugging a video stream into [t a a] into a [@ -] with wires crossed,
which is a quite natural technique to a PD user. GridFlow extends simple
numeric concepts to whole pictures.