[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pd 0.37 test 10 released

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Sep 1 12:41:49 CEST 2003

Hi Miller,

>> I'm glad to hear that some of my suggestions have been incorporated.
>> I designed the said array update sensing this way because the same
>> method is
>> used in Max/MSP.
>>

> I'm worried that, if an array gets updated multiple times at the same
> logical
> time, there won't be any way to see the difference.

the idea is that an external that need update information stores the
time that it has processed the array.
Thus, by comparing this with the update time it will know when the
array has changed, no matter how many times the latter has been updated
in the meantime.

> Pd has a different way
> of dealing with "change detection" in glists (the gl_valid field which
> is
> a counter incremented everytime the thing changes in a specific way).

Hmmm, i didn't know of that.... i'll look into it!

best greetings,
Thomas