[PD] logo or icon?? (my opinion)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 22 23:30:04 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003, at 15:19 America/New_York, guenter geiger
wrote:

> As I somehow started this thread, I want to throw in some thoughts too.
>
> First, instead of sending logos to the mailing lists, we should
> really collect them on the pure-data side (I still use pine, and its
> not setup to view images !).
>
> Then as it is a contest, I think it does not make too much sense
> to make restrictions. If someone thinks it can only be black and
> white and one should see the pixels ... ok.

I think that having some restrictions actually encourages creativity.
Since it is a logo for Pd, why not have it made in Pd?  I don't mean
purely, of course, just the basic idea.  You can make .ico or .icns
files in Pd (yet? :).  But it was just a suggestion, people are of
course free to do anything they want.

> People can submit the logos together with their reasoning why they
> made it
> this way and why it is the best of all, the only thing that we would
> have
> to do at end somehow together is to agree on one ...
>
> I think the best way is that some one (hc ?) makes an official like
> description how to submit the logos (deadline in two weeks or so),
> then we make preselections and go together through the decision
> process.

This has become more of a logo than icon contest, so I renamed the
page.  Plus I added instructions:

http://www.pure-data.org/community/logos

.hc