[PD] MP3cast~ [os x]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 27 06:43:49 CET 2003

On Saturday, Oct 25, 2003, at 15:39 America/New_York, Yves Degoyon
wrote:

> hi,
>
> it looks like, even though lame is installed,
> it's not correctly linked with the mp3 objects,
> so it depends on the Makefiles you're using..
>
> i'm not an OSX user so it's really a general diagnosis.
>
> and about PiDiP for OSX :: yes, please !!
> ( but it requires lots of libs that you may get with fink )..
>
> cheers,
> sevy
>
> __|||a||kdg wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> having this error below when trying to load any mp3~ object, they are
>> supposed to be correctly installed in: lib/pd/extra] nmp% ls
>> .
>> .
>> mp3amp~.pd_darwin
>> mp3cast~.pd_darwin
>> mp3fileout~.pd_darwin
>> mp3streamin~.pd_darwin
>> mp3streamout~.pd_darwin
>> mp3write~.pd_darwin
>> .
>> .
>>

>> this is the error message:
>>
>> dyld: /usr/local/bin/pd Undefined symbols:
>> _get_lame_version
>> _lame_close
>> _lame_encode_buffer_interleaved
>> _lame_encode_flush
>> _lame_get_num_channels
>> _lame_init
>> _lame_init_bitstream
>> _lame_init_params
>> _lame_set_brate
>> _lame_set_copyright
>> _lame_set_disable_reservoir
>> _lame_set_emphasis
>> _lame_set_in_samplerate
>> _lame_set_mode
>> _lame_set_num_channels
>> _lame_set_original
>> _lame_set_out_samplerate
>> _lame_set_padding_type
>> _lame_set_quality
>> pd_gui: pd process exited
>> /Applications/Pd.command: line 3: 9925 Trace/BPT trap
>> /usr/local/bin/pd -rt
>> logout
>> [Process completed]

You need the lame libs, which I have from fink:
hans at sla:darwin > dpkg -l 'lame*'

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name             Version          Description
+++-================-================-
ii  lame             3.93.1-1         MP3 encoder and graphical frame
analyzer
ii  lame-shlibs      3.93.1-1         MP3 encoder and graphical frame
analyzer

When I try to load an mp3 external, it loads lame, but then crashes.  I
haven't used them in OSX unfortunately, so I don't know what to say
beyond that.

>> i hope anyone out there is using this objects happily in OSX/ ------<
>> h.c?
>> [I WILL TRY TO COMPILE PiDiP ALSO, ANYONE CAN POST ON THAT? os x
>> related]

This would be awesome.  I think it would be also very good to get
gem2pdp/pdp2gem working on OS X as well.

.hc