[PD] i had a dream ... (two souls in my breast)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 2 18:44:09 CET 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Martin Peach wrote:

> Suse 8.0 or more is easy to install as well. I have Suse 8.2 on a
> couple of machines here. The only trouble is, it uses gcc 3.3 to
> compile, and a lot of developers haven't made that switch yet, so a
> lot of source packages won't compile without a lot of screwing around.

IIRC, the kind of problem one can have compiling GridFlow using GCC 3.3 is
that GCC may crash when attempting to compile it, when it's not just using
up way too much RAM. GridFlow is not the only program to have such an
impression on GCC 3.3 it seems.

On Debian I have GCC 3.3, 3.2, 2.95, and I configure GridFlow using
"--use-compiler=g++-3.2".

On SuSE I don't recall, but it's not the latest SuSE and it's not GCC 3.3.

On Mandrake (9.1?) I have GCC 3.2.

On MacOS 10.2 I have GCC 3.1 (from Dec.2002 devtools).