[PD] ubumenu

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 14:39:25 CET 2003

I find it difficult to compare any two instruments
that I have not played personally, as often I have
found very low end instruments that have challanged
the quility of their 'superiors'. As a guitar player I
play a very nice, top of the range guitar, but this
does not stop me from continuing to play away on my
beat up Hohner that should sound like muck considering
it's a poor mans instrument but actually plays and
sound great. In systems like Pd and Max we have 2
great softwares, and I think people should not
question if one is better than the other and just be
happy that they both work really great. And so what if
one is more expensive than the other, those who want
MAX will get it and those who don't won't. It's all
very simple. I'm a student and I use Pd and Max, I
wanted to have Max as well so I saved and bought it,
I'm not upset that I had to do this because I was not
forced to buy it beacuse of the availability of PD. In
the end I don't think it's possible to listen to a
piece of music and determine from listening whether it
was realised in MAX/MSP or PD, so what difference does
it make which of the two systems was used? Long live
Pd and Max!

 --- marius schebella <marius.schebella at chello.at>
wrote: > I just said a Stradivary offers definitely
more