Wiki glossary - was: [PD] programatically (dynamically) load abstractions?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Nov 8 15:01:57 CET 2003

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> I visited this site
> (http://pd.iem.at/pdwiki/index.php?PdInternalMessages , which is great)
> and then, out of a misunderstanding (as i think), started to document
> the WikiWords appearing there, like symbol, gimme, float etc. It seems
> to be the case that pure text has been imported which contained some
> [...] words, resulting in a WikiWord interpretation.

No, I think this is a great idea in general. But of course, not every
"gimme" should be interpreted as a Pd gimme, e.g. "gimme some time to fix
that", but actually it is not. See for example:
http://pd.iem.at/pdwiki/index.php?SandBox

So the gimmes on the InternalMessage page are actually marked up as
things that might need documentation by the farsighted original author.

I only wonder, if the Pd-Wiki should not move over to pure-data.org
somehow.

ciao