[PD] [OT] next Linux kernel and Hammerfall cards

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Thu Nov 20 08:08:51 CET 2003

Hi all - just saw this - I have an HDSP 9652 - it's working pretty good -
let's see if I can help out (conjuring from memory) - sorry if I'm redudant,
I haven't read close enough to know what all's being repeated, plus I think
I've missed a chunk of the thread...

I had to do two things - first, I had to downgrade the firmware using a
Windows machine to - oh crap come on brain, remember - 10 from 11 - oh gosh
I think - (I'll copy Mark Knect on this he'll remind me)

then, applied a patch by Thomas C. to the ALSA build - I've been running
fine ever since - I believe, also, that said patch is now unneccessary upon
upgrading to the latest CVS of ALSA, because Thomas applied it.

What I don't know is whether the firmware downgrade is still necessary, but
I think it is - I haven't heard anything about that being fixed

Also, Thomas wrote versions of hdsploader and hdspmixer that work better -
with the 9652, only his hdspmixer 1.3 will work, not his hdspmixer 1.1

also good to note is getting the HDSP 9652 to work is a bit different than
other very similar hammerfalls, like for example, if you're working with a
multiface, or a pcmcia version, or something...the alsa drivers are slowly
getting hammered out so this isn't such a pain, so life should improve on
this (it may have already)

If anyone needs that patch or help or whatnot, let me know (I'd attach it
now, in fact, but I don't have it on this computer) - between me and Mark K.
and Thomas C. (who may or may not be very available) I'm sure we can provide
more assistance...

Houston Poetry Slam Team
www.houstonpoetryslam.com
NQuit Records