[PD] running PD for video work in panther

Gon Zifroni gzifroni at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 20:51:12 CET 2003

thx to Yves and Adam for suggestions, I actually have installed the 0.37
from Hans's page (after removing manually the 0.36 with thinker tool -allows
to browse invisble files-)
I followed the end of the instructions for the osx install of PiDiP for
changing the pd.command text..

4. install the present package in /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx

5. modify the Pd.command textfile to read like this
/usr/local/bin/pd -rt -path
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra:/usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/abstractions -lib
/usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/pdp_pidip

I even changed the one contained within the app itself
this was according to the INSTALL_NOTES file contained in pdp_pidip_osx.tar
(also here: http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pidip-for-osx.txt)

result when trying to open an example patch is that it doesn't even
recognise basic objects and says:

" pdp_glx
... couldn't create
pdp_v4l
... couldn't create
pdp_agc 0.5
... couldn't create
pdp_contrast 0.5
... couldn't create
pdp_saturation 0.5
... couldn't create
example14.pd 2 0 6 0 (text->text) connection failed
example14.pd 3 0 2 0 (metro->text) connection failed
example14.pd 4 0 2 0 (message->text) connection failed"  etc....

I haven't done this yet : "It also requires the installation of Image
Magick, imlib2, and ffmpeg."
is it even possible in osx?
is this the issue?

yves, the samples u put there seem real cool especially the tracking and the
live shape recognition..not to mention effecttv (real phat shiit, phat=cool,
shiit=stuff)

do u think this is set-able on my system?

thx allot

Gon