[PD] PD + Gentoo

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Nov 30 16:28:19 CET 2003

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> So.... my search for a Linux distro that will allow me to use my HDSP
> with minimal hassles has led me to Gentoo,

In my opinion: As all distributions just use more or less the same
ALSA and kernel, switching distributions will not make problems inside
these go away.

> 3) [As a sidenote:] does anybody else find Gentoo's ALSA packages
> incomplete? Mine are missing Alsaconf, hdspconf, hdsploader and probably
> some other odds and ends.

Missing alsaconf is bad, although hdspX or envy24control et all are
missing in Debian as well. That probably is because these are not part
of the three essential ALSA packages alsa-lib, alsa-utils and
alsa-modules and are only needed in special cases (you don't need
envy24control, I don't need hdsploader)

ciao