[PD] [ot] rme hammerfall

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Dec 6 00:01:44 CET 2003

hi all,

i'm considering to buy a rme hammerfall dsp (cardbus + multiface) to use
them with pd/linux...

but i'm a bit confused, and i know some people on this list have a lot
of experiences with this setup...

i had a look at dieb13's hdsp howto, but still i've got a few questions:
there are several drivers. the alsa driver, the alsa oss layer and
guenter geiger's oss driver ... from what i read, the alsa driver isn't
that easy to get it working (at least the howto says so). the alsa oss
layer seems to work, but only with high blocksizes (i doubt, that it's
working without major changes on my performance patch)...
does anyone have experiences with this?
and how is guenter geiger's oss driver working? it's not mentioned at
this howto at all...
and there always is jack ... how much latency would it take to get an
audio signal from the input through jack to pd and back to the output?
and is jack capable of handling 8 in and 8 out channels?

thanks a lot...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,