[PD] grid arguments?

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Fri Dec 12 05:14:58 CET 2003

David Kendall wrote:

> I am running Pd on windows. I have downloaded the Grid external and am
> trying to adjust the values and the geometry of the GUI.
> Unfortunately, I can't right click on the abject to adjust the
> properties, as grid was designed to do. I noticed that grid can take
> initial arguments to set these properties, and so far, I have figured
> out what some of them are. For instance, when I write this object:
>

> grid grid1 200 -100 100 100 - 50 50 1 1 1 4 2 202 332
>

> I know I'll get a grid of 200 width, 100 height, with x values ranging
> from -100 to 100, y values from -50 to 50. In other words, I know
> these arguments:
>

> grid <grid name> <width> <x-minimim> <x-maximum> <height> <y-minimum>
> <y-maximum> <??> <??> <??> <number of lines - x> <number of lines - y>
> <??> <??>

grid <grid name> <width> <x_min> <x_max> <height> <y_min> <y_max>
<showing grid flag> <x_step> <y_step> <x_lines> <y_lines> <x_current>
<y_current>

but you should be able to edit all of these with the properties dialog,
it simply doesn't work on windows because the compiled version
is for pd-0.36.
take latest release from linux and compile it for windows,
you'll get properties in pd 0.37 also.

cheers,
sevy