[PD] readanysf~ 0.11 crashes PD

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Jan 28 14:08:29 CET 2004

> The only difference is that with the new allocation method the PD
> functions are used, while previous versions of flext used the ones of
> the c library. I'm not sure if the PD memory allocation can deal with
> the large number of implicit allocations of the C++ language.
> The reason for using the PD functions are that they may be faster but
> even that has to be verified. I'll shortly do some tests...

i see ... but you seem to run the same function again and again ...

if bytes is larger than largealloc, you run new(bytes)
which ends in an infinite recursion ;-)

i got both readanysf~ and tbfft2 running, changing largealloc ... well,
since i don't know exactly, how you try to allocate the memory, i can't
patch your code, but it should have something to do with the recursive
execution of new()
i suppose it should be run new( bytes - LARGEALLOC ) or new( bytes -
LARGEALLOC - sizeof(size_t))

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,