[PD] Re: Data analysis with PD and VASP

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Mar 3 14:10:24 CET 2004

Hi Armindo,

> Do you think i can achieve my goal with VASP? Can you give some tips/hints
of what to check or some useful links, other libs, externals, etc.?
> Your help would be extremely welcome because i am on a deadline to get
this done and i'm really "freaking" out as i'm kinda stucked...

The answer is yes, but naturally, as with every larger package, VASP needs
some warmup time to become familiar with it.

> - the min and max value in an array

vasp.min?, vasp.max?

> - whithin this 2 minute window, i need to know if the slope of the values
is increasing or decreasing

vasp.dif -> vasp.sum? (you need the cvs version for that)

> - getting some kind of information about the possible frequency of the
graph

vasp.rfft -> vasp.gate, vasp.max? etc.

best greetings,
Thomas