[PD] audio-clicks with loading samples

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 16 16:19:46 CET 2004

On Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004, at 09:59 America/New_York, Georg Holzmann
wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> I know this toppic was discussed in the list, but i didn't found it.
> So I'll
> ask it again:

Hmm, strange, there should be volumes of info on this topic, since its
been discussing at length more than once.

> 1) If I load an audio-file in an array I get audio tropouts. So my
> question,
> is there an external that I can load the sample slower and get no
> tropouts?
> Else I'll try to write one.

I use [readsf~] for playing samples directly.  Its threaded, so it does
the opening of the soundfile in the background.  I don't know if anyone
has a method of loading an array with a soundfile without a click, but
I am not the expert.

.hc