[PD] audio-clicks with loading samples

matthew jones m.jones at signal.qinetiq.com
Tue Mar 16 16:29:48 CET 2004

On the second subject:

> 2) If I load a sample with the  [openpanel]  the sound I currently play is
> put off. Then when I select something and close the window I can hear the
> sound again. Is this normal? (I use pd0.37 on WinXP)

this is normal.  it does the same sort of thing when you right click and
wait a while before choosing between properties/open/help (as long as there
is some reasonable cpu usage going on).  Miller kindly said he'd fix this
one for the next release, but I don't know if the openpanel is intended in
this.  you're unlikely to be browsing your hard drive during a performance
anyhow??! else u might consider yves' playlist object (1-click file chooser)

Matt

http://www.loopit.org/