[PD] Separating variables sent to PD via TCP Socket

Nick Giles nrg102 at york.ac.uk
Mon May 3 14:06:30 CEST 2004

Hello.

I have written a program in Visual Basic which passes data to a PD patch
using a TCP socket.   By using "netreceive" and a simple "print" box,
the data is shown in the message window.

However, I would like to send multiple variables from the Visual Basic
application to PD through the same socket.   Is there anyway to do this?

I have tried using the receive function as the help for "netreceive"
mentions that you can separate variables in this way, for example:

"receive var1"
"receive var2"

But it doesn't seem to separate the data.

Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Nick Giles.