[PD] xnetreceive

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat May 8 15:50:59 CEST 2004

Instead of having yet another object, what about adding UDP support to
[netserver]?  I am currently working on adding
mDNS-SD/Rendezvous/Zeroconf support to [netserver] as well as syslog
support.  It would be great to have all of these features available in
one object for maximum flexibility.

.hc

On May 6, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Jorge Cardoso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made an external (xnetreceive - eXtended netreceive)
> that acts like netreceive with two new outlets: ip address and port
> number.
> It is based on the [netreceive] and [netserver] objects (and source
> code!).
>
> I have used this to exchange info between java applets and PD.
> [netreceive] doesn't output the ip address, and [netserver] only
> works for TCP connections and I needed both...
>
> The external is compiled for windows only (I don't have access
> to a Mac or Linux box). If anyone would care to (try) to compile
> it for other platforms I would be much appreciated.
>
> Bye,
> jc
>
> ---
> Jorge Cardoso <-> jorgecardoso at ieee.org
>
> Centro de Investigação em Ciência e Tecnologia das Artes (CITAR)
> Univ. Católica Portuguesa Centro Regional do Porto
> Rua Diogo Botelho 1327
> 4169 - 005 Porto
> Portugal
> Tel: 226196200 Ext: 133
> "Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you're
> absolutely right." - Henry Ford
> <xnetreceive.zip>

____

"Information wants to be free."