[PD] heavy crash

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Tue May 11 01:09:37 CEST 2004

marius schebella wrote:

>>anyone ever experienced a hard crash with one of the above? i mean one
>>with locked keyboard and null happening afterwards.
>>
>>lg
>>martin
>>

>yes, you are not alone. But I think it is a GEM problem, and has nothing to
>do with Yves objects.

gracias, i couldn't say my objects never ever crash,
especially when it gets to video processing,
but i experienced some freezes too with Gem
with that new kernel 2.6.

it did not use to happen with kernel 2.5 or 2.4.

and the pdp_capture is terribly slow and eats a lot of ressources,
that is true, as well as pdp2gem because it's using capture techniques
that are quite heavy for the graphic driver.

cheers,
sevy