[PD] readsf problem

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 16 17:43:57 CEST 2004

As far as I can make it out, 'wav' is actually an infinite number of
soundfile formats, some of which are informally documented.

I've never heard that 'wav' files could be other than Intel-style endinanness
(which is what Pd expects, regardless of what machine you're on.)

The only 'wav' files Pd knows about are 16-, 24-, or 32-bit "PCM" files;
i.e., no "data reduction".  the best test is to look at the size of the
file; if it's more than 88200 times as many bytes as seconds you're probably
OK; if less than that, you've got some data reduction and you'll have to
go buy something (windows) or download mpg321 (linux) to fix it.

cheers
Miller