[PD] cannot use multiple midiout devices with xp...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 27 09:05:23 CEST 2004

Steve Ritchey wrote:
> hello all...
>
> i have a 2X2 usb midi device connected to my laptop running win xp and
> pd .37... no matter what combination of midioutdev i specify, i can only

did you try "-midioutdev 1,2" ? (the comma is the important thing)

> get midiout data from one of the two midid out ports on my usb device...
> i use a .bat file for start-up, and have specified the devices in
> multiple orders during pd loading, all to the same result... i have
i don't think that "-midioutdev 1 -midioutdev 2" will do what you want.

> tried manually in the midi devices dialog box, again the same... the
ok, this seems to be more serious then
i guess, you are sure you tried "use multiple devices"...

probably run 2 pd's, each with a single midi-device.

ah, and are you sure that you try to output correctly ?
you have to use channels 17-32 for the second midi-device.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes