[PD] WinXP: Using Mouse as Generic Input Device?

Ryan Supak ryansupak at fbcad.org
Wed Oct 13 02:04:43 CEST 2004

I got [comport] to output data by using the "rtscts 1" option.

But, I can tell that the data is garbled, and I think it has to do with my inability to set a stop bit.  I'm kind of figuring out stuff as I go, and I've noticed that the span of the number is always between 0 and 127, for starters-- I think that means 8 bit or something.

I can also guess, though, that not having a stop bit in there is throwing it off.  Sometimes when the mouse comes to a stop the [comport] output is on 0, sometimes it is on another number.

Any insight would still be appreciated!
rs