[PD] textfile - which externals ?

Ik cola at looze.net
Fri Oct 22 01:53:34 CEST 2004

Ok thanks all of you! I think I'll be looking a bit into externals (
however, I was hoping for a built in solution)
I guess I like the 'grep' option most - it's dead easy to write whatever
I want for an output als a perl oneliner or something - but even that's
not really builtin - let alone multiplatform. It seems to me that zexy
is one of the most common externals? so I'll have a go with that; it
seems to me there are multiple solutions - coll is quite precise what I
want without anything extra.

Just to know - if you would make something that requires a bit of an
external - what would be the most common externals to choose to use?
which are the most wide available and used ones - In terms of 'can be
expected to be available 90% of the time"?