[PD] data structures composition/app

Matthew Allen mtallen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 01:14:21 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:09:06 -0000, Peter Todd <peter_todd82 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >> The only errors I get are a lot of:
> >>     'prepend' class incompatibility warning:
> >>             creating an object without an argument
> >> which probably are harmless, aren't they?
> >
> > I am pretty sure those are harmless.  It worked on my bro's Windows
> > machine and he had those errors.  But he had a problem with that patch
> > using all of the CPU.  How was the CPU usage for other people?  I
>
> It worked on my windows machine, and I had those errors.  CPU was fairly
> high (and playback pretty glitchy with the visual window open) on my 3ghz
> P4, but I think it ran pretty much as intended.

I am on a centrino 1.6 and I get about 50% cpu usage, but no clicks or
glitches with the window open (I can even edit the structures without
and weirdness). This is on a CCRMA 2.6 kernel with the latest out of
CVS as of this morning. Hell I am even writing this from a firefox web
browser with no weirdness or glitches or xruns ... next I am going to
patch pd through ecamegapedal and give it some reverb.... man I love
linux.

It couldn't creat shell and alternate at start up.

As for the composition, I totally dig it. I want it to last WAY longer
though, so I may hack you composition and have it either loop or spit
out some structure variation.

m.