[PD] Peculiar counter behavior.....

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 01:27:02 CET 2004

Thanks for the replies.

>Two additional remarks: Personally I find it easier to always make int
>counters, then modify those as needed. The practical reason is, that
>then you can use [mod] which is great for wrapping counters.

Interesting, I have not thought about that before, I will give it a try
sometime.

>Second: It took me a while, probably years, to realize, that it will
>solve almost any problem with counting, if you do *not* conenct the
>main [f] outlet directly to the [+ 1], but instead put the [mod] in
>between those two like the right counter in attached patch. It's a
>simple change, but in most cases it is the Right Thing to do instead
>of fiddling with [sel] and relatives.

I also sometimes use [mod], but did not use here because of the float I was
using. In fact, whenever I had to to integer counting, I use [mod] most of
the time now. I can't remember where I saw it first though.

As to Countability, sounds interesting and I know nothing about;) will
google it when I have some time later.

Cheers

CHUN