[PD] fighting with route

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 3 01:07:18 CET 2005

hi there -

a late-night-question: i can't figure out the variable
type route is expecting at its inlet. I'm trying to
route lists like "in cam0 res 0" or "fx mov1
motionblur 120" to different abstractions with "route
in fx out" followed by "route mov0 mov1 cam0 cam1"
etc. - it's basic message parsing. but no matter what
route gets, it always throws it out at the right
outlet. i tried lists, messages and symbols - to no
avail. however, if i create a message manually that is
identical to the one sent by the patch, everything
gets routed perfectly fine ...
I would be really glad if someone could shed some
light on this.
guess i got something wrong with variable types in
general. is it safe to say that:

- lists are composed of several packed variables?
- one can convert lists to messages by prepending
"set" and t-b-a the output to a message box: |( ?
- the string parts of lists are symbols?

I hope this is not too confusing ... I'll attach the
relevant part of the patch.

tia,
Thoralf.

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de