[PD] problem with zexy external: matrix~(.pd_darwin)

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Fri Feb 4 12:54:22 CET 2005

Hello Everybody,

I don't know if that is the same reason but when I try to run [matrix~]
external in pd it gives

load_object: Symbol "_matrix_tilde_setup" not found

error, although matrix~.pd_darwin is in extra folder.
anybody has a matrix~.pd_darwin compiled external for OSX that works
perfectly fine?

best.
Koray.

On Feb 2, 2005, at 22:27, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:00:18 +0100
> From: Krzysztof Czaja <czaja at chopin.edu.pl>
> To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Johannes_Burstr=F6m?= <johannes at ljud.org>
> Cc: Mike Wozniewski <mike at ozmediasolutions.com>, pd-list at iem.at
> Subject: Re: [PD] problem with zexy external: matrix~
>
> Johannes Burstr=F6m wrote:
>> Sounds like cyclone's matrix~ is loaded instead. try to start pd
>> with=20
>> the "-lib zexy" flag before "-lib cyclone" (or similar), and it
>> should=20
>
> or better install a newer cyclone.  Since alpha51, cyclone loads
> dummy substitutions only in max-compatibility mode.  Whatever the
> order: -lib cyclone -lib zexy, or otherwise, you would always get
> matrix~ from zexy.
>
> However, in max-compatibility mode, you would always get matrix~
> from cyclone, even if -lib zexy has been loaded first.
>
> Since alpha52, cyclone's matrix~ is no longer a dummy.
>
> Krzysztof

M.Koray Tahiroglu
DA student/researcher
Media Lab,
University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
tel: +358 40 754 8449
fax: +358 9 75630 555