[PD] GOP array not redrawn (w/xrecord~)

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Wed Feb 9 19:12:11 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've got an array in a GOP abstraction that doesn't redraw, and I can't
figure out why. At first it worked like a charm, but then it stopped
working for no apparent reason. The only thing I changed was adding a
subpatch (click "submenu" on the GOP in the attached example).

The attached tarball has the patch, it requires xrecord~ and xgroove~.
Just open Lude.pd, turn on DSP, turn up the [osc~]'s freq, hit REC, and
watch it not graph. If you open the GOP you can see that it draws fine
once it refreshes. If you want to record a second time you need to hit
"reset_rec".

The pertinent bits are all in the abstraction under [pd non_gui]->[pd
rec_display] and perhaps [pd non_gui]->[pd set_defaults], where I set
xrecord's draw property to 200.

Any thoughts? Is it xrecord? Or is it the array in GOP? If I can't have
it redraw in realtime, how could I just force it to redraw (with a
resize message?) without interrupting the DSP?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Ian

--
Ian Smith-Heisters