[PD] Help with MIDI i/o Linux Pd

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 23:26:41 CET 2005

Thanks Steve!

It seems like I am using udev! I'd never heard of it before, but it
seems quite cool. The problem is solved by replacing:

KERNEL="midi[CD0-9]*",   NAME="snd/%k"

with

KERNEL="midi[CD0-9]*",   NAME="snd/%k", SYMLINK="midi%e"

in /etc/udev/rules.d/_your_rules_file

I didn't want to go down the rc.local route because that seemed like a
workaround rather than a fix.

Jamie