R: [PD] resonant comb filter series

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Feb 16 18:46:43 CET 2005

Hi again,

pix wrote:

> (samplerate / freq) / (samplerate / 1000)
>
> = (samplerate / freq) * (1000 / samplerate)
>
> = (samplerate * 1000) / (freq * samplerate)
>
> // (the two samplerates cancel)
>
> = 1000 / freq
>
> that's why it works on different samplerates.

Indeed, I stand corrected! That's what I get for having all the
Asian-American kids do my math homework for me back in school!

It's funny, because I made that comb filter patch for myself about 6
months ago, and now I found myself trying to remember how I actually
arrived at this method when I have to explain it to someone else. Good
learning experience!

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl