[PD] send me the data on your usb controllers

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 26 19:48:54 CET 2005

So I would like to catalog information about as many HID controllers as
possible so that I can create a reference page for which controllers
are good and which are not.  In particular, it would be helpful to have
a list of all of the elements available for a given device (which
buttons, which axes, which haptic effects, etc.), and the resolution of
the elements (i.e. throttle = 35.85, x- and y- axes = 0-127)

Here are two examples of force feedback joysticks that I have:

                                          resolution             buttons
                force
name                                 x/y     z     throttle   thumb
base   hatswitch  effects
Logitech Wingman Force 3D Joystick  0-127   0-127    35-85     4
2      1 8-way   all
Saitek Cyborg Force Feedback 3D     0-4095  0-4095   0-256     4
4      1 8-way   all

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore