[PD] multipoint touchscreen

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Mar 14 19:32:28 CET 2005

A friend of mine was working closely with the Tactex company to try to
get them to make a useful musical controller using Tactex.  Ultimately,
they decided that they didn't want to spend the money to do what needed
to done to make Tactex a good musical controller.  Its got a couple of
key problems: very low refresh rate (i.e. latency), something like 50
Hz; and it can't detect two points of pressure closer than about 2cm.

He wrote a paper about the instrument he built using Tactex:

http://hct.ece.ubc.ca/nime/2002/proceedings/paper/huott.pdf

.hc